IT’S TIME FOR DEWEY. Well, in like 30 minutes. I’ve decided that I am going to have this one post and just update it during the day – I’m planning on participating in a couple of memes and minichallenges, but mostly to update my reading progress.I will be working and sleeping today – I haven’t taken any leave, but am looking forward to reading and participating when I can!
Here is my TBR – and how many pages I have read of the ones I had previously started.
The Picture of Dorian Gray – 87 of 194
Sandakan – 227 of 656
The Godfather – 120 of 446
Split Second – 139 of 396
The Secret Agent – 0 of 224
The Anzac’s Long Shadow – 0%
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m from Adelaide, Australia
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Picture of Dorian Gray and Sandakan
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I found some vanilla diet coke, which is so RARE around here. I brought two bottles. YUM!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m an education student, history buff and workaholic. I like to knit and watch action movies when I’m not reading
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’ve never participated in a 24h readathon – only bout of books readathons. I’m most looking forward to finishing some books!
11pm– I’ve been cracking through Sandakan (p304), such a crazily deep book. I’m now going to get ready for work and hopefully be able to get back to the reading at 1am, having done most of my work for the morning! haha. I’m going to take two books with me to work, not sure if I’ll get either one finished, but I can hope!
I’ve been crazy busy the past two weeks so I’ve only managed to finish one book, but I’ve started many others, and I hope to get caught up on my reading this weekend.
I’m participating in my first Dewey’s 24h Readathon, which I think will start here in Adelaide at about 10:30pm Saturday night… Although I need to double check the time zones… Adelaide is a pain in the butt to convert things to!
This Saturday is ANZAC Day here in Australia, when we remember our soldiers and honour them; and I’ve decided to read two books about the Anzacs – Sandakan and The Anzac’s Long Shadow. I’m also planning on catching up on some unfinished reads – the Godfather, Split Second and The Picture of Dorian Gray, if I don’t finish Mr. Gray before tomorrow night. Finally, if I get through all that (hahaha, so unlikely!) I’ve also got my classics club spin book – The Secret Agent and the latest Logan McCrae to read!
I will be working on Sunday morning – from Midnight to 7am, so I will have to get some sleep and do some work during this readathon, but my goal is to squeeze in 10 hours of reading… If I enjoy this readathon, I might even annual leave the next one so I can participate for the 24hours!
To sum up my TBR:
Sandakan – Paul Ham
The Godfather – Mario Puzo
Split Second – Alex Kava
The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
Anzac’s Long Shadow – James Brown
The Secret Agent – Joseph Conrad
The Missing and The Dead by Stuart MacBride
So, goodluck to all you other readathoners – on the day I will be mainly be using twitter to chat with people – I’m @bookybecksa so feel free to hang out! I will be posting a couple of things throughout the day on my blog, so I apologise if you get a little spamified by me! Any other readathoners? Any hints or tips for a first timer?